Friday, October 1, 2010

Jankauskas Released

The Revs announced yesterday that they have released Jankauskas. zerozero.pt has been been reporting for some time now that he has signed with a club in his homeland of Lithuania. This news doesn't come as much of a surprise. He was pretty much hurt the entire year and was making over $200,000. If he was healthy I think he could've contributed to the team, but he wasn't. I think it's pretty apparent that I'm a Jankauskas fan, from his days at Porto, but I have to agree that releasing him is the right decision. That's at least $200,000 that the team has to spend on another player(s). You can get 2 solid players for that amount of money. One piece of information I'd love to have it a list of the current roster with how much each player is making and how many years are left on the contract. It'd give us a good idea of the salary cap situation of the team.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment